Quick Recipe: Spicy Mac And Cheese
INGREDIENTS: (for 2 people)
WHAT TO DO:
- Start pre-heating the oven at 200°C.
- In a saucepan of salted, boiling water, cook the pasta. Make sure to cook it a couple of minutes less than the suggested time on its packet, so that it won’t overcook later in the oven.
- In another saucepan, prepare the cheese sauce:
– Melt the butter.
– Add the flour. Keep stirring until the mixture is golden and smooth. (Approx 2-3 min).
– Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously.
– Cook for 8-10 minutes until your sauce is thick and smooth.
– Add the blue cheese and half of the grated cheddar cheese, plus a generous pinch of chili flakes. When smooth, take the saucepan off the hob.
- Add your cooked pasta to the sauce, stirring well.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic dish, or similar ovenproof dish.
- Cover with the remaining cheddar, more chilli flakes and grated Parmesan.
- Place in the oven until golden. (it might take from 5 to 10 minutes, it is up to you to decide when it is crunchy enough for your taste!).