We love modern architecture. The sleek lines, the gravity-defying shapes, the stunning effect on the city skyline… it is all extremely fascinating.
Our architect friends did their best to teach us to appreciate the striking beauty of glass, concrete and steel, and Abu Dhabi is a gold mine when it comes to iconic buildings.
Below we have tried to list (in totally random order) some of our favourites so far, but we will add many more soon!
- AL BAHR TOWERS – (The twin ‘honeycomb’ giants)
- THE GATE TOWERS – (Stonehenge by aliens)
- SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE – (A breathtaking Holy place)
- SUN AND SKY TOWERS – (Sleek non-identical twins)
- SHEIKH ZAYED BRIDGE – (Desert sand dunes running over the water)