Super easy recipe: Hasselback potatoes
Jacket potatoes are yummy. We recently heard about this new way of eating potatoes, and we quickly found an easy recipe that works for us.
2 tablespoons of olive oil
A pinch of table salt and pepper
2 potatoes (big ones)
150g of hard cheese of your choice (Cheddar or Gouda or similar)
1 can of baked beans
1 large onion
– Preheat the oven at 180 C.
– After washing the potatoes carefully, dry them and rub them in oil, salt and pepper.
– Cut the potatoes almost to the bottom, but not completely, in slices roughly 1cm apart.
– Cut the cheese and the butter in thin slices.
– Insert each slice inside the potatoes, alternating butter and cheese.
– Place them on a tray covered in baking paper or aluminium foil.
– Cook them in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
– In the meantime, chop the onion and fry it in a pan with a bit of oil.
– Warm up the baked beans in a pot.
– Once the potatoes are ready, eat them immediately with a side of onions and beans.
These potatoes are super easy to make and taste great!
Posted on 01/12/2013, in Recipes and tagged abu dhabi, easy, Emirates, food, potatoes, recipes, UAE. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
Actually, Hasselbackspotatis is originally made with breadcrumbs or sliced almonds. But the version with cheese looks good. :)
Really?! Thank you for telling me this, I had no idea, as the person who told me about it made it with cheese too! I will have to look for the original recipe then!! :) :) (if you have one please share!)
Those look great. I love potatoes any way, shape, or form.
Thank you!! I love potatoes too! :)